Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Personal Penguin Update - Pre-Challenge Day 2

Pre-Challenge Day 2 - Twitter

Twitter is simply part of the landscape these days. If you're new to Twitter, start with a personal account and be sure to follow all the recommended accounts found in the Related Resources column on the right side of the page.

In the Post-Penguin world, nothing changes.Your niche account is one you will use to build authority, by regularly posting quality content for your niche. When it comes to content, I like to use the "3 to 1 Rule." I post three pieces of content that is not self promotional for every one piece that is.

To put it in the most simple terms, I would promote three posts on other niche leading blogs or post three helpful tidbits before I posted about a new post on my own blog.

You need to genuinely be a source for helpful information about your niche.And it doesn't need to always be about business. Post about your personal hobbies or pet projects. Give your presence some personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment